These spicy little chicken tenders are quick and easy to make and a perfect party appetizer. You can save a little time by using store bought taco seasoning, but it's worth making up a batch of the homemade.
Easy Crispy Chicken Taco Nuggets
2 cups crushed Santitas Corn Chips
2 tablespoons milk
6 chicken breast fillets or boneless thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes,
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning - recipe below (or you can use a store bought packet)
½ cup flour
Salt and pepper
1. Adjust rack to middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet and spray rack with cooking spray.
3. Pat chicken pieces dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
4. Mix flour with taco seasoning in a small bowl and side aside. Spread the crushed chips in a shallow dish. Beat together the egg and milk in a shallow bowl.
5. Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture, then dip chicken the egg mixture and then roll in the chips to coat each piece. Place the chicken nuggets on a prepared wire rack and drizzle with melted butter. Bake until crispy and dark golden – about 18 to 20 minutes for chicken breasts pieces, 30-35 for thighs.
6. Serve with a dipping sauce (mix your favorite salsa with sour cream)
Homemade Taco Seasoning
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 ½ tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 ½ teaspoons onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix well to blend. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.