Fresh Strawberry Tea Cake
This is a traditional tea cake recipe and makes great use of fresh strawberries – you can also use raspberries, blueberries or a combination. You could dust with powdered sugar or make a simple glaze, but I think it’s perfectly fine on its own.
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
3 cups plus 1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1. Adjust rack to center position and preheat oven to 350 F.
Sift together 3 cups flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl; set aside
2. Cream butter and sugar on medium high speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each – about 30 seconds for each egg.
2. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with milk. Toss strawberries with remaining 1 tablespoon flour and fold into batter.
3. Scrape batter into greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan. Bake in center of 350-degree oven until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 1 1/4 hours.
4. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes, then unmold cake onto rack to cool completely.